Providing children's health and safety needs are met, reunification with parents is the preferred goal of services.
Minnesota Adult Abuse Reporting Center (MAARC)
Effective July 1st, 2015 Minnesota has a new central system for reporting suspected maltreatment of vulnerable adults.
> State-wide common entry point available 24/7
> 844-880-1574 is the toll-free phone number for the general public
> Website access for mandated reporters is https://mn.gov/dhs/reportadultabuse/
For more information go to https://mn.gov/dhs/adult-protection/
Adult protective services provides assessment and protective services to vulnerable adults who may be experiencing abuse or neglect.
A vulnerable adult is any person, 18 years of age or older who:
• Is a resident or a patient of a facility, receives licensed services from a home care agency or personal care assistance provider who is under the medical assistance program in Minnesota
• Possesses a physical or mental impairment that severely limits the ability to provide for and direct his or her own care AND are unable to report to protect themselves from maltreatment because of the physical or mental limitation
Information that is helpful when you report, but not required:
• The name and address of the vulnerable adult
• The name and address of the person causing the maltreatment
• The date and time of the alleged maltreatment
• Details of what happened, when, where and how
• Is the vulnerable adult still at risk