Goodhue County regulates the sale of tobacco and tobacco products in Goodhue County for persons and retail establishments that are not validly licensed by a town or city to sell tobacco in compliance with Minn. Stat. 461. The Goodhue County Youth Access to Tobacco Ordinance (PDF) provides complete information about selling tobacco or tobacco products in the county.
Cities and townships under the department’s jurisdiction include:
- Hay Creek
Apply for a License (PDF)
A license from Goodhue County is required to sell tobacco or tobacco products in the above communities. If you want to sell tobacco in a community not listed above, contact that city's clerk for licensing information.
This ordinance establishes:
- No retail establishment shall sell or offer to sell any tobacco product without first having obtained a license to do so from the County.
- Determines fees for licensure and services
- Determines the basis for eligibility and denial of license
- Determines limitations on sales and merchandising of tobacco products
- Determines responsibility for the sale of tobacco products Sales-compliance checks and administrative penalties