Board of Appeal & Equalization

Property Assessment Appeals

The County’s valuation and classification of a property can be appealed if the property owner does not agree with the assessment. Concerns must be related to the current year EMV for taxes payable for the following year. The Assessor’s Office cannot address an appeal of the EMV for the prior year at this time: an appeal of the prior year EMV can only be appealed through the Minnesota Tax Court and must be filed by April 30 of the year the taxes are due.

If you disagree with your estimated market value on your recent Valuation Notice you have the right to appeal.

To Begin the Appeal Process:

  1. Collect facts to show your case by gathering recent sales of like properties and recent market analysis.
  2. Contact the Assessor’s Office at 651-385-3040 – option 1.
  3. Talk to a County Appraiser to review your information about your value or classification.
  4. Schedule interior inspection.
  5. If issue is not resolved:
    • Attend your local Board of Appeal & Equalization meeting.
    • Make an appointment for the County Board of Appeal & Equalization meeting.
    • Final option is to file in Minnesota Tax Court 651-539-3260.   


!!!! ATTENTION !!!

Notice of Reassessments

The Goodhue County Assessor’s Office will be performing on site reassessments of properties in 2022.   This is for the 2023 assessment for property taxes payable in 2024 in the following areas:

- City of Goodhue                                 - Kenyon Township

- City of Pine Island                              - Minneola Township

- City of Zumbrota                                 - Pine Island Township

- Cherry Grove Township                      - Roscoe Township

- Goodhue Township                             - Zumbrota Township 

The appraisal staff will knock on your door.  If no one answers the door the appraiser will leave their business card.  They will be updating photos, verifying measurements in the above mentioned areas for the 2023 assessment.

If you would like to update your parcel information, please contact us at 651-385-3040.

Board of Appeal & Equalization Meetings

At this time, the County Board of Appeal & Equalization meeting on June 26th (by appointment only). Please call 651-385-3040 to schedule an appointment time.  

2023 Local Board of Review Meeting Dates and Times

Training and Certification Information