Absentee Voting and Other Ways to Vote
All voters can vote early by absentee ballot in Minnesota. On Election Day you must vote at your assigned polling place.
Voters may enroll to automatically receive absentee ballot applications for elections they are eligible to participate in by completing the Application to Automatically Receive Absentee Ballot Applications.
How to vote absentee
Complete an online Absentee Ballot Application.
Complete a paper Absentee Ballot Application and return via:
- Mail: Goodhue County Elections, 509 W 5th St, Red Wing, MN 55066
- Email: GC_Election@co.goodhue.mn.us
- Fax: 651-267-4878
how to vote in person
In-Person Absentee voting locations:
How to vote by agent
Voters may authorize an individual (agent) to pick up and return an absentee ballot for them. This service is available only within the seven days preceding an election. For the requirements and applications click here.
military and overseas voters
Military and overseas voters can use a special process to receive and return their ballot. For the requirements and applications click here.
Ways to return your mailed absentee ballot
All absentee ballots must be received by 8:00 p.m. on Election Day. Ballots may not be delivered to your polling place. You may return your ballot using one of the following methods:
- Place your ballot in your mail box.
- Drop your ballot off at the post office.
- Return your ballot to the county auditor's office.
- Ask someone to deliver it by 8:00 p.m. on Election Day.
- This person cannot deliver more than 3 ballots.