Adult Foster Care
Adult foster care is a home setting in the community for adults who are unable to live independently due to physical, emotional, developmental, or mental health impairments. Residents receive meals, support, supervision, and some assistance with personal care and living skills as needed.
Goodhue County Health & Human Services licenses, monitors, and supports adult foster homes. Goodhue County Health & Human Services can only license homes which are located in Goodhue County.
Goodhue County Social Services requires anyone interested in becoming a foster parent to attend an orientation session. Orientation will provide you with an overview of the foster care program along with information on the licensing and placement procedures. Application packets are available at orientation. Orientation will be provided twice yearly.
If you live outside of Goodhue County, contact your local department of social services for licensing information.
- Rule 245A - Licensing Act
- Rule 245A.143 - Family Adult Day Services
- Rule 203 - Adult Foster Care Rule
- State Fire Codes
- Alzheimer’s Association - The Alzheimer’s Association is the largest national voluntary health organization supporting Alzheimer research and care.
- NAMI Minnesota - The National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) of Minnesota is a non-profit organization dedicated to improving the lives of adults and children with mental illness and their families. NAMI Minnesota offers education, support and advocacy.
- Office of the Ombudsman for Mental Health and Developmental Disabilities - The Ombudsman’s Office promotes the highest attainable standards of treatment, competency, efficiency, and justice for persons receiving services for mental illness, developmental disabilities, chemical dependency, and emotional disturbance in children. They assist with client services, medical reviews for the death or serious injury of a client, and civil commitment training and resources.
- Tax Information - Publication 17 contains tax information regarding certain foster care payments.