The following information is available:
- Certified birth certificates for the entire state of Minnesota from 1935 - present.
- Non-certified certificates for the entire state of Minnesota from 2000 - present.
- Birth records from 1870 to present (approx.) for the county of Goodhue.
Certified Birth Certificate
To receive a certified birth certificate, you must have proof of tangible interest in the subject. Non-certified birth certificates are provided without tangible interest. Certificates may be obtained by mail or in person (walk-in).
- Certified: $26 one copy / $19 each additional copy of same certificate.
- Non-certified: $13 per copy.
Requests By Mail
- Print Birth Certificate Application (PDF)
- Complete the form
- Have your signature on the form notarized
- Enclose check or money order payable to: Goodhue County Recorder
- Mail to: Goodhue County Recorder
You will be asked to complete and sign an application stating that you have tangible interest in the subject. You will need to provide identification, such as a driver's license.