Finance & Taxpayer Services
The Finance & Taxpayer Services Office strives to provide quality taxation, assessment, election administration and financial reporting services for the residents of Goodhue County.
Goodhue County is honored to have been awarded the Government Finance Officers Association's (GFOA) Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting for the comprehensive annual financial report for the 2019 fiscal year. The Certificate of Achievement is the highest form of recognition in the area of governmental accounting and financial reporting, and its attainment represents a significant accomplishment by a government and its management.
American Rescue Plan
Non-entitlement units of local government (townships) will certify with the State to receive funds for the American Rescue Plan. Goodhue County can assist with any questions. Additional information for townships:
- Minnesota Management and Budget MMB Newsfeed / Minnesota Management and Budget (MMB) (mn.gov) (MMB) will launch the request form online once it’s ready.
- Non-entitlement units of local governments will need:
- SWIFT ID – email EFThelpline.MMB@state.mn.us with Swift ID questions
- Budget information
- Two contact people with phone numbers and email addresses
- Additional Treasury guidance is not yet available for the non-entitlement units of local governments.
- Local governments receiving funds from the State will submit annual reports by October 31 of each year. More information is expected soon.
- For more information from the US Treasury for the non-entitlement units of government, please visit: Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds for Non-entitlement Units of Local Government | U.S. Department of the Treasury
PROPERTY TAX PAYMENTS
!!!! ATTENTION !!!
Notice of Reassessments
The Goodhue County Assessor’s Office will be performing reassessments of properties. This is for the 2022 assessment for property taxes payable in 2023 in the following areas:
- City of Cannon Falls - Cannon Falls Township
- City of Dennison - Stanton Township
- City of Kenyon - Warsaw Township
- Leon Township - Wanamingo Township
- Holden Township
Due to COVID restrictions, Goodhue County appraisal staff will not be conducting any interior viewings as required by State standards. The appraisal staff will be leaving their card, updating photos, and verifying measurements in the above mentioned areas for the 2022 assessment.
If you would like to update your parcel information, please contact us at 651-385-3040 or complete a Property Questionnaire form by clicking here.
*IMPORTANT HOMESTEAD PROPERTY TAX NOTICE*
This will affect next year's property taxes and your eligibility for a Property Tax Refund.
Have you purchased or moved into a property in the past year?
Contact your county assessor to file a homestead application if you or a qualifying relative occupy the property as a homestead on or before December 31 of the current year.
What is a qualifying relative?
For agricultural property, a qualifying relative includes the child, grandchild, sibling, or parent of the owner or owner’s spouse.
For residential property a qualifying relative also includes the owner’s uncle, aunt, nephew, or niece.
When do I apply?
You must apply on or before December 31 of the current year.
Once homestead is granted, annual applications are not necessary unless they are requested by the county assessor.
Contact the assessor by December 31 of the current year if the use of the property you own or occupy as a qualifying relative has changed during the past year.
If you sell, move, or for any reason no longer qualify for the homestead classification, you are required to notify the county assessor within 30 days of the change in homestead status.