The Goodhue County Income Maintenance Unit helps persons in need to apply for financial assistance. The staff is well trained regarding the laws and rules of the programs, the details involved, the verifications needed in processing an application. Applications are taken for the following:
- Emergency Assistance to families with children
- Food Support - SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program)
- General Assistance Medical Care
- General Assistance
- Medical Assistance
- Minnesota Family Invest Program
- Minnesota Supplemental Aid
Eligibility is determined according to program requirements set by Federal and State laws.
USDA Non-Discrimination Statement (PDF)
The Income Maintenance Unit has a Fraud Investigator under contract to handle Income Maintenance fraud referrals and investigations and to work with law enforcement and county attorney in the prosecution of fraud.