What is unlicensed care?

Under “Legal Unlicensed Care” limits, a provider is allowed to care for children related to them and children from 1 unrelated family. "Related" means any of the following relationships by marriage, blood, adoption: parent, grandparent, brother, sister, stepparent, stepsister, stepbrother, uncle, aunt, child, niece, nephew.  Related also includes a legally appointed guardian.  A legal unlicensed provider who wishes to care for children receiving county assistance must “register” with Goodhue County Income Maintenance. Interested persons may call 651-385-3200 or Email.

Show All Answers

1. Do I need to be licensed?
2. How long does it take to get licensed?
3. What is unlicensed care?
4. How do I make a complaint on a child care home?